Why Choose Us?
- You want 5 star dentistry
- You want a dentist that listens
- You want a dentist that cares
- You want world class expertise
- You want the best results
Dental Hygiene in Reading
Why visit a Hygienist
Surprisingly more teeth are lost due to gum disease than tooth decay. Regular visits to the hygienist will help to improve dental health and prevent Periodontal (gum) disease, bleeding gums and dental decay (caries). Diet advice, Fluoride application, Fissure sealants and Oral Hygiene instruction are all part of our programme of prevention. Our hygiene surgeries are fitted with the very latest equipment including AIR POLISHING MACHINES which gently removes unsightly staining without damaging your teeth.
Approximately half the population have a problem with mouth odour – a problem that can be reduced with regular visits to our dentists and hygienists.
Our fully qualified hygienist will clean and polish your teeth and advise you on how to care for your teeth, recommend the right toothpastes and treatments for your gums on a routine day to day basis. Advice is also available for the care of your children’s teeth.
The hygienist is qualified to:
- Administer Fluoride
- Fissure seal children’s teeth
- Give Local Anaesthetic if required
- Insert PERIOCHIPS, a new treatment in the prevention of periodontal disease
- Give anti smoking advice
All of which are vital aspects in preventive care.