Why Choose Us?
- You want 5 star dentistry
- You want a dentist that listens
- You want a dentist that cares
- You want world class expertise
- You want the best results
Periodontics | Dentist Area
Epidemiological studies show that 10 to 15% of all patients are susceptible to periodontitis. It is recommended that patients presenting with one or more of the following symptoms should be referred for a periodontal examination:
- Red, swollen and or bleeding gums
- Periodontal pockets over 4mm
- Generalised recession
- Bone loss observed on radiographs
- Crown lengthening
- Root resection and hemisection
- Congenital or drug related gingival enlargement
- Mucogingival and Periodontal plastic surgery
- Frenectomy and frenotomy
- Gingival grafts
- Root coverage
Root planing is an effecitve gum disease treament. It involves ‘deep’ scaling, to clean parts of your teeth below the gumline, which cannot be reached with a toothbrush. Root planing cleans out the pockets, and removes plaque and tartar from the tooth roots. After a tooth has been root planed, the pocket should shrink, making the gum sit closer to the tooth. This will also help to stop further bone loss. You then need to be especially careful about cleaning the teeth above the gumline. Root planing will probably need to be repeated regularly.
Dr Kuljeet Mehta is registered by the General Dental Council as a Specialist in Periodontics. Over the years, Dr Mehta has helped thousands of people obtain healthy, beautiful smiles.