Why Choose Us?
- You want 5 star dentistry
- You want a dentist that listens
- You want a dentist that cares
- You want world class expertise
- You want the best results
If your teeth are affected by small areas of decay, Woodborough House Dental Practice have a treatment that is designed to sterilise the bacteria and get your smile back to its original, healthy state.
Not only does ozone treatment banish infection, but there is also no drilling involved. This means that it doesn’t weaken the tooth, and you will feel no pain during the procedure.
How does ozone work?
Ozone is a gas that we apply onto the affected tooth through a silicone cup. It penetrates just a few millimetres into the tooth, killing the harmful bacteria and neutralising the acids in your mouth. To protect the tooth from further damage, we also use sealants with this treatment.
Once the treatment is completed, your own saliva along with mouthwash and toothpaste will all act together to harden the tooth again, and you will be invited back to Woodborough House around 4-8 weeks after the treatment to make sure that this is the case. At this point, we will be able to cover any staining that may have occurred on the tooth.
Ozone treatment is a new procedure; however it has been tested and proven and we guarantee that there are no health risks concerned with the procedure.
Advantages of ozone treatment
There are so many advantages to ozone dental treatment at Woodborough House. These are:
- The treatment works to restore the balance of bacteria and can strengthen the tooth enamel on the tooth treated.
- It stops bacteria getting trapped deep inside teeth that have crowns or fillings on top of them.
- There is rarely any discomfort involved in the treatment process.
- In the long-term, the treatment means that your teeth remain healthy and you will be less likely to need expensive dental treatment in the future.
After ozone treatment
After undergoing ozone treatment at Woodborough House Dental Practice, we advise that you use brush your teeth thoroughly at least twice a day using fluoride toothpaste and avoid sugary and acidic food and drinks to prevent bacteria and plaque build-up. Taking these steps will make sure that your ozone treatment is successful.
For more information about our ozone treatment procedure or to book a consultation, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Woodborough House Dental Practice today.