Why Choose Us?
- You want 5 star dentistry
- You want a dentist that listens
- You want a dentist that cares
- You want world class expertise
- You want the best results
Tek Scan in Reading
Here at Woodborough House Dental Practice, we are committed to providing our patients with the most innovative new treatments, which is why our expertly trained professional team are thrilled to introduce our advanced treatment using Tekscan’s T-Scan system, a state-of-the-art piece of equipment that allows us to analyse the dynamics of your bite before you undergo dental treatment procedures.
The T-Scan system uses incredible technology to measure your bite so that we can successfully diagnose occlusal problems and provide you with the appropriate dental treatment to get you smiling again.
Why use T-Scan?
If you suffer from chronic headaches or migraines, you may not be aware that these things can be associated with occlusion. The innovative T-Scan technology allows us to analyse the way your top and bottom teeth come together, and allows us to assess your occlusal problems and determine whether you need treatments such as dental implants and orthodontic treatment. We use this amazing technology to treat issues within the following fields of dentistry:
- Periodontal (gum) disease
- Dental implant planning and placement
- Orthodontic treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of oral infection
- Complicated endodontic cases
- Oral surgery
How does it work?
When you come in for treatment using our ground-breaking technology, you will be asked to gently bite down on the device’s sensor, and the scanner will then produce astounding images of your teeth, showing in clear detail the dynamics of your bite and how your teeth are set together. We will use these images to accurately assess what kind of treatment is necessary for your condition.
What are the benefits of the T-Scan system?
- The images produced by the T-Scan device are exceedingly accurate and comprehensive, meaning that we can be extremely precise in detecting and diagnosing structural abnormalities and oral health problems.
- The device improves accuracy, meaning that mistakes are greatly reduced, as the incredibly detailed images allow us to correctly assess the risk of a particular treatment or procedure.
- The images provided by the device can also be used to monitor the efficiency of a course of treatment as well as aiding in treatment planning.
- The images will help us to talk openly with you about your oral health condition, and we will be able to explain clearly how your dental treatment will work.
- The advanced technology will put your mind at ease when it comes to treatment planning, as you will be prepared for the procedure and will know exactly what to expect.