Why Choose Us?
- You want 5 star dentistry
- You want a dentist that listens
- You want a dentist that cares
- You want world class expertise
- You want the best results
All On 4
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are fine titanium rods, which are inserted into pre-drilled sockets in the jaw bone. The implants hold new crowns, dentures or dental bridges in place and this enables the new tooth to work in exactly the same way as a natural tooth.
Dental implants have become an increasingly popular means of replacing lost or damaged teeth, as they are able to offer a long-term replacement. Implants are beneficial because they give you all the functionality of a natural tooth and have been proven to last for many years when looked after properly.
What are All on 4 dental implants?
At Woodborough House Dental Practice we also offer the innovative All on 4 dental implant system. Normally, patients who are looking to replace complete sets of teeth are advised to have between 6 and 10 dental implants. However, with the revolutionary All on 4 dental implant system, only 4 implants are required to secure a complete set of dentures.
How does All on 4 work?
The All on 4 dental implant system is able to support an entire set of dentures because the implants are placed at a precise angle. Two implants are placed at the front of the mouth and two implants are placed at the back of the mouth; the two implants at the back of the mouth are secured at a forty-five degree angle, which ensures maximum stability as the system makes the most of the stronger bone tissue at the front of the jaw.
Who can benefit from All on 4 dental implants?
All on 4 dental implants are suitable for most dental patients but there are exceptions. Your dentist will need to give you a thorough examination to make sure that you are a suitable candidate for the treatment. All on 4 dental implants are usually not recommended for patients with diabetes, patients with gum disease, smokers or patients with brittle bone tissue. If you are not a suitable candidate for All on 4 dental implants, we will discuss other options with you.
There are many benefits of the All on 4 system:
- Shorter treatment time: as the All on 4 system uses just 4 implants, the treatment can be carried out much quicker than normal implants. This means that patients spend less time in the dentist’s chair. The treatment is particularly beneficial for patients who are anxious or worried about going to the dentist and undergoing procedures. The procedure is simpler than other implant procedures and there is very little discomfort involved.
- No need for bone grafting: it is very unusual for patients to require bone grafts, as the system is designed to take advantage of the strong bone at the front of the mouth. Bone grafting can lengthen treatment time and involves an invasive procedure, which may cause anxiety for nervous patients. Grafting also adds to the cost of treatment.
- No need for temporary restorations: patients can walk away with their permanent teeth on the same day as their implants are fixed. This means that they do not need to attend repeat appointments.
- Increased durability and security: the All on 4 dental implants secure dentures and provides comfort and functionality. The teeth will work in exactly the same way as natural teeth and you will not have to worry about dentures coming loose or causing pain or discomfort.
Are there any risks associated with the All on 4 system?
The All on 4 system has been proven to be highly effective and is very popular. However, as with all treatments, there are some risks. After the procedure you may experience some swelling and discomfort but this should subside quickly. If you experience any pain, you can take over the counter pain relief to ease your symptoms.
Anaesthetic carries risks but our highly trained team have a great deal of experience and we will make sure that you are a suitable candidate for the treatment before we agree to go ahead. We will use CT scans to determine the position of the nerves in the lower jaw, in order to prevent damage or disruption to the nerves.