Before Your Appointment
We are looking forward to seeing you for your appointment at Woodborough House.
If you answer YES to any of the following screening questions please call the practice to reschedule your appointment.
- Do you have a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Do you have a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has these symptoms?
- Have you tested positive for Covid?
- Have you been in contact with someone that has tested positive to Covid?
Due to the increased protocol and safety measures we have been required to introduce there are some new things we need to tell you about.
- We require you to fill out a new COVID specific medical history – DOWNLOAD HERE – and a consent to treatment form – DOWNLOAD HERE
- Please print out the forms and either scan them and email them back to us at [email protected] or bring them to your appointment
We have several safety measures in place to keep us all safe during the pandemic. This includes two levels of COVID safety packages.
These are charged at
- £9.95 for non aerosol generating procedures
- £29.95 for aerosol generating procedures
When our regulations allow us to reduce these measures we will be able to reduce or eliminate these fees.
- When arriving for your appointment please come to the door and ring the bell, we will open the door and a staff member will take your temperature.
- We will have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you first enter the practice. You will also be asked to put on a single use mask when entering the practice. You are of course free to wear your own mask.
- Where possible you will be taken straight into the surgery for your appointment, as we are trying to avoid use of the waiting room. However, we do have socially distanced waiting available and chairs outside when the weather allows.
- You will also notice a big difference in the PPE (personal protective equipment) the staff will be wearing when you enter the surgery. This will differ depending on the reason for your visit. Please do not worry; it is still the same friendly team ‘behind all the new kit’.
- At reception you will notice we have placed Perspex screens at the desk.
- On your way out please leave your mask in the clinical waste bin and sanitise your hands again before leaving.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling.
- We have installed medical grade air filtration units in the surgeries and waiting room to ensure the speedy removal of all harmful substances including bacteria and viruses
- We have purchased fogging machines to decontaminate surgeries from the virus and you may see and hear us using these noisy machines!
- Unfortunately for the time being we will be unable to shake your hand, but happy to tap feet or similar.
- We will be allowing longer appointment times to allow us to complete the necessary additional cleaning protocols. This will also reduce the number of patients in the practice at any one time to aid social distancing.
How you can Help:
- Apart from children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
- Please avoid using the bathroom facilities unless absolutely necessary.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone.
- Please try and avoid arriving early to the practice.
- Please try and fill out the forms required at home rather than in the practice
- Please leave as much of your personal gear in the car or at home as possible. We will provide small tubs that you can take into the surgery to protect your keys, phones glasses etc… but these are not big enough for jackets, handbags etc…
- If you can’t make your appointment please contact us by email on [email protected] or telephone on 0118 984 3108.
The whole team is looking forward to welcoming you back to Woodborough House and we are grateful for your understanding and continued support.
Kia Kaha (Stay Strong),
Sarah and Nick