COVID Update: Reopening
Dear Woodborough Family,
We hope you, your family and friends are in good health and ready to embrace the New Normal.
We are proud to announce that we have reopened for dentistry and that we have all the PPE required to open the practice. We have carried out all the risk assessments and updated our standard operating procedures taking into consideration the new guidance published by the Office of The Chief Dental Officer (OCDO). We have also completed staff training for our dentists, hygienists, receptionists, nurses, and support team.
We want to reassure you that the safety of our patients and staff remain our top priority and we will continue to follow the infection control guidelines made by the dental governing bodies, to ensure that both you and our team are safe.
We are immensely proud of the whole Woodborough team and we are grateful at how they have come together and supported us and the practice reopening.
If you wish to contact us, please try and do so by email if possible and the team will respond as soon as possible. If you would rather talk to one of the team then please ring on 0118 984 3108, please, bearing in mind that we are receiving a high number of calls and you may need to leave a message with your name, phone details and a time that would be good for us to get back to you.
We are entering into a phase in dental history that will constitute the “New Normal”
This “New Normal” will provide challenges for all of us and we ask that you please be patient and understanding as we not only have the dental health of our patients to consider, but we need to place everybody’s health at the centre of all we are doing
You will notice some major changes when you next contact us or visit.
- When you phone to book your appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You will be asked to complete similar questions again in the paperwork we will email you out, reminder text messages and again at your appointment. If you answer YES to any of the screening questions please call the practice immediately.
- Due to the increased protocol and safety measures we have been required to introduce, we have two levels of COVID safety packages to allow for the safe treatment of our patients. These are charged at £9.95 and at £29.95 depending on the procedures required. The COVID safety packages are chargeable when booking your appointment to reserve your spot. We are also suggesting that when you visit, we have already taken your payment for treatment by phone as we wish to limit contact between the receptionists and patients for everyone’s safety.
- When arriving for your appointment please remain in your car/outside the practice until your appointment is due. When your appointment is due, please come to the door and ring the bell, we will open the door and a staff member will take your temperature.
- We will have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you first enter the practice. You will also be asked to put on a single use mask and a visor when entering the practice. You are of course free to wear your own mask or visor.
- Where possible you will be taken straight into the surgery for your appointment, as we are trying to avoid use of the waiting room. However, we do have socially distanced waiting available and chairs outside when the weather allows.
- You will also notice a big difference in the PPE (personal protective equipment) the staff will be wearing when you enter the surgery. This will differ depending on the reason for your visit. Please do not worry; it is still the same friendly team ‘behind all the new kit’.
- At reception you will notice we have placed Perspex screens at the desk.
- On your way out please leave your mask in the clinical waste bin and sanitise your hands again before leaving.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling.
- We have installed medical grade air filtration units in the surgeries and waiting room to ensure the speedy removal of all harmful substances including bacteria and viruses
- We have purchased fogging machines to decontaminate surgeries from the virus and you may see and hear us using these noisy machines!
- Unfortunately for the time being we will be unable to shake your hand, but happy to tap feet or similar.
- We will be allowing longer appointment times to allow us to complete the necessary additional cleaning protocols. This will also reduce the number of patients in the practice at any one time to aid social distancing.
How you can help:
- Apart from children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
- Please avoid using the bathroom facilities unless absolutely necessary.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone.
- Please try and avoid arriving early to the practice and please wait outside the practice until you are invited.
- Please leave as much of your personal gear in the car or at home as possible. We will provide small tubs that you can take into the surgery to protect your keys, phones glasses etc… but these are not big enough for jackets, handbags etc…
- Please do not arrive without an appointment, if you require an appointment please contact us by email on [email protected] or telephone on 0118 984 3108.
The whole team is looking forward to welcoming you back to Woodborough House and we are grateful for your understanding and continued support.
Kia Kaha (Stay Strong),
Sarah and Nick