Why Should I Get Invisalign?
Invisalign is an effective, practical orthodontic treatment suitable for patients of all ages. The system uses custom-made aligners to move teeth over a short period of time, creating beautiful, straight smiles. We have straightened thousands of smiles of patients from Reading, throughout Berkshire and beyond. At Woodborough House, we pride ourselves on getting the very best results for every individual and all our cases are digitally planned using the latest 3D scanners and technology.
Invisalign is great because the aligners are practically invisible, comfortable, removable, there is no metal involved and no painful adjustments!
Does Invisalign hurt?
Though some patients may feel mild discomfort at first while they get used to the feeling of Invisalign braces, this will soon become normal. The process is much less painful than traditional metal braces.
What do Invisalign clear aligners look like?
Aligners are custom-made clear trays that are virtually invisible when worn. They’re sometimes referred to as contact lenses for your teeth in terms of look and feel!
How often do I need to wear Invisalign clear braces?
You’ll need to wear Invisalign braces for 21 hours a day for two weeks. Then, you’ll be given new aligners for the next stage of the process. The remaining 3 hours should be used for eating, cleaning and drinking.
Are the Invisalign results permanent?
Invisalign is designed to give permanent results, but if you don’t wear your retainer each night following the treatment, there’s no guarantee that your teeth won’t drift back to how they were. We have seen numerous patients that have had Invisalign treatment from other clinics throughout Reading and Berkshire and come to us for a second opinion because they haven’t maintained a strict retention protocol. It’s much cheaper to wear your retainers than pay for Invisalign twice! If you have checkups with us every 6 months after your treatment is complete we will be sure to keep an eye on your tooth movements.
Will I need any teeth removed?
Every case is different. The majority of the time, there’s no need to remove any teeth for Invisalign braces. However, in some cases where there is severe overcrowding, there’s a possibility that it may be necessary. Dr Nick Fahey is one of the UK’s leading oral surgeons who received referrals from other clinics in Reading and Berkshire. So if you need any teeth removing you can be assured that you have the best possible team at Woodborough House.
- Discreet – This revolutionary treatment method is extremely subtle. As an adult, the thought of traditional metal train tracks can be embarrassing. With Invisalign, no one ever need know you’re having the treatment done thanks to the clear braces.
- Quick – Many invisalign treatments can be completed within 12 months, making this one of the quickest ways to straighten your teeth.
- Comfortable – Once you’re used to the feeling of Invisalign braces in your mouth, you’ll hardly notice they’re there.
- Convenient – Unlike traditional metal braces, you can take your Invisalign braces out when you’re eating, drinking and cleaning your teeth. The braces themselves are also easy to clean so you always feel fresh.
- Boosts your confidence! – Your brand new smile will leave you feeling more confident than ever!