Why Choose Us?
- You want 5 star dentistry
- You want a dentist that listens
- You want a dentist that cares
- You want world class expertise
- You want the best results
CT Scanner in Reading
Woodborough House Dental Practice is committed to providing clients with the newest and most innovative treatments, which is why our team of highly trained professionals are so delighted to be able to offer advanced treatment using the CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) scanner, a state of the art scanning machine able to produce incredible 3D images.
We are proud to be the first dental practice in the UK to pioneer the Pax-Reve3D scanner, an incredible piece of equipment that is packed with impressive features.
What is a CBCT scanner?
A CBCT scanner is a high-tech and modern scanning machine, which is capable of producing incredibly detailed images. A CBCT scanner uses very low doses of radiation to produce amazing 3D images of the teeth and the surrounding structures. Unlike traditional X-rays, CBCT scanners can distinguish between different types of tissue and this enables the dentist to see structures in and around the mouth in greater detail.
What are the benefits of a CBCT scanner?
The Pax-Reve3D scanner has a range of benefits for both our dental professionals and patients. For our dentists, these benefits include:
- The scanner produces incredibly accurate and detailed images, which are extremely beneficial during the detection and diagnosis of oral health problems and structural abnormalities.
- Scanned images can be used to monitor the efficacy of treatment and can also aid in the planning of treatment.
- Dentists can use the detailed images to talk openly to patients about oral health conditions and more easily explain how treatment will work.
- CBCT scanners also improve accuracy and reduce the risk of mistakes, as they provide incredibly detailed images and allow dentists to assess the risk of a procedure or course of treatment.
Advantages of CBCT scanning technology for our patients include:
- The efficacy of treatment is increased and potential risks and mistakes are greatly reduced.
- This advanced form of technology can help to put the patient’s mind at ease, as images can be used to explain how a procedure is going to work.
- This allows the patient an improved understanding of the treatment and enables them to be better prepared.
- Nervous or anxious patients are able to be better informed about the workings of a particular oral health problem or dental treatment.
What are CBCT scanners used for?
CBCT scanners are becoming increasingly important, as dentistry evolves and becomes more dependent on technology. The Pax-Reve3D scanner used at Woodborough House Dental Practice has a wide range of uses in the field of dentistry, including:
- Dental implant planning and placement
- Diagnosis and detection of infections and tumours
- Oral surgery
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) diagnosis and evaluation
- Complex endodontic cases
- Orthodontic treatment
- Periodontal disease
The Pax-Reve3D scanner
The Pax-Reve3D scanner uses extremely low doses of radiation and produces amazing high resolution images. The advanced imaging processing system and auto focusing technology are able to adjust the image to produce superior quality pictures and eliminate X-ray scattering, which can make it difficult to see structures clearly.
The scanning unit is fitted with an integrated voice and camera system, which enables the dentist to communicate with the patient at all times. The scanner is movable, allowing dentists to adopt the best possible position and it also has the advantage of being suitable for use with wheelchairs.
The Pax-Reve3D scanner has in-built customised software and a user-friendly interface. The amazing images facilitate precise and quick diagnosis, which enables dentists to plan effective treatment accurately and quickly.
This is a form of advanced technology that we believe will have ongoing benefits for patients and dentists at Woodborough House Dental Practice for the years to come.