What is Dental Bonding?
The tiny details matter. We can take care of the finer points and perfect your smile with dental bonding. “Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored resin is applied and hardened with a special light, ultimately “bonding” the material to the tooth to improve a person’s smile.” (MedicineNet)
We can make small adjustments to your smile with dental bonding. We apply a “composite” material directly to your teeth, covering up chips, cracks and small gaps. We can even fill cavities, providing beautiful white fillings that match the colour of your teeth.We can usually complete the work in one visit, so you can go home and enjoy your new smile right away.
- The Consultation – We need to decide if dental bonding can achieve the results you desire. We often use bonding for last minute perfections as part of a larger treatment plan. We can, however, improve a smile with bonding alone.
- Preparation – We need to make sure that the material adheres to your teeth. We do this by roughening the surface of teeth we’re treating using an acid-based gel.
- Layer – With dental bonding, we improve the shape of your tooth layer upon layer. We place composite resin on the roughened teeth. We then carefully shape and mould the bonding until it’s ready for another layer or until treatment is complete.
- Cure – We use an intense light that cures and hardens the current layer of composite resin. We then repeat the third step until we achieve the desired shape. By the end of this step, we can see the improvements to your smile.
- Finish – We have now perfected the shape of your teeth. The material is as hard as the rest of your teeth. We finish things off by polishing our work, so that it gleams just like the rest of your teeth. Your improved smile is now ready.