Get in touch


all on 4 dental implants

Are you considering dental implants? Why not try ‘All-on-4’? The procedure involves the placement of four dental implants and an immediate fixed acrylic bridge. This treatment is of benefit to anyone who has lots of missing teeth in the upper and lower arches or already has removable dentures.

This innovative procedure was first documented by Paulo Malo in Portugal and the ‘All-on-4’ is in reference to the specific type of dental implants used during the procedure. The main difference between the All-on-4 dental implants and that of similar treatments is the immediate loading of the bridge.

Here at Woodborough House dental practice, Specialist Dentist and Prosthodontist Dr Nick Fahey can help you to decide if you are a good candidate for this procedure. To be suitable for this treatment, you will need to have dense enough jawbone and being a non-smoker is also a good start.

You can prepare for the All-on-4 dental implant procedure by cutting down on smoking as well as taking Vitamin C and reducing your alcohol intake if you are consuming more than the government’s recommendation. You should also maintain a well-balanced diet and maintain a good oral hygiene routine at home.


From the feedback received from patients who were treated with the All-on-4 procedure, 95% say they were satisfied. The remaining 5% decided to use All-on-4 as a platform to more sophisticated and costly treatments which included more implants, grafting and porcelain bridges.


With the All-on-4 treatment you can expect to see an immediate cost effective solution to multiple missing teeth. To maintain your All-on-4 dental implants you will need to see a dental hygienist 3-4 times a year. Keeping your mouth healthy and clean will also ensure it remains disease free. Our hygienists at Woodborough are specially trained to care for patients who have implant treatment to ensure their mouths stay disease free.



As with any surgery, there are always risks and the All-on-4 dental implants procedure is no different. The risks involved are very similar to that of conventional dental implants.




The costs of these treatments start from about £12,000.

To find out more information about the All-on-4 procedure, or to contact Dr Nick Fahey please visit: Dr Nick Fahey and his blog.

You’ve Waited Long Enough

Get in touch with us to learn about award-winning, specialist-led cosmetic, restorative and general services at Reading’s home of slow dentistry.

Get in touch