COVID Safety Packages – What am I paying for?
Hello to our Woodborough Family,
This year has been a challenge for all businesses and for humanity world wide. The COVID-19 Pandemic has impacted us all and we are so thankful that Woodborough House is able to remain open and to be of service to our patients. Due to the increased protocol and safety measures we are required to introduce and maintain, we have introduced two levels of COVID safety packages to allow for the safe treatment of our patients.
These packages are charged at:
£9.95 (non-aerosol procedures with no use of high speed instruments)
£29.95 (aerosol procedures with use of high speed instruments)
The COVID safety packages are chargeable when booking your appointment to reserve your spot.
Why am I being charged?
Personal protective equipment (PPE) and strict cleaning protocols has always been a constant in dentistry, but it has hit a whole new scale in 2020. Due to the pandemic, the global demand for PPE has risen, and the costs have increased significantly. Some PPE has increased by 1000 times. This is a significant cost in a medical environment, where PPE is being constantly replaced, by both staff and patients.
We now need to wear disposable or reusable gowns and FFP3 masks for aerosol procedures.
At Woodborough House, have always maintained the very highest of standards and used the very best available materials and equipment and we never compromise. Not only are we facing rising prices in PPE, we have also invested in other Covid safety equipment for the practice.
- We’ve installed medical grade air filtration units in all surgeries and the communal areas to ensure speedy removal of bacteria and viruses.
- We use fogging machines to decontaminate surgeries in between patients and have installed air exchange units in each surgery to allow for constant air exchange with the outside air.
- We also allow a “fallow time” in all of the surgeries in between patients.
- We have perspex screens at the reception desk and all staff members wear a surgical mask for the entire time they are in the building.
- We have introduced a rigid screening protocol for both before your appointment and at the time of your appointment to ensure all patients are well at the time of treatment.
As an independent, family owned business, we cannot bear the costs of all this extra equipment and PPE.
We want to keep our doors open during these difficult times, to take care of your smiles and for that we would appreciate your understanding.
We could increase our treatment prices, disguising the increased costs, but we would rather be transparent with you. With the COVID Safety Package, you know exactly how much you’re paying for the added protective measures and PPE costs.
At the heart of it, please know that we are doing our very best to keep your costs to a minimum, without sacrificing your safety and we will continue to be fully transparent. Hopefully, this is a temporary measure and we look forward to a time when the a Pandemic has gone and we can all return to a more normal way of life.
This has been a stressful time for all families and businesses and we are overwhelmed and humbled by the huge support and love our Woodborough patients and staff have shown us.
We look forward to seeing you all soon at Woodborough House.
Sarah and Nick